Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a safe and fun new years eve. Keith and I enjoyed a nice night at home with Georgia, sushi, movies, and a puzzle. Sound lame to you? Well, I happen to think it was the perfect way to ring in the new year 🙂
It sure seems that 2011 was gone in a flash. What in the world did we do in 2011? Where did all our time go?
* Keith trained for and completed his first Ironman!!! This was about 9 months of training, 6 days a week so this was a huge hunk of our year…..of course, COMPLETELY worth it!!
* We ran in our first “Underpants Run”….imagine running around town in your panties! Yikes! I was completely stressed out about this but it was fun to get out there and not really worry about how much my butt was bouncing. Liberating 😉
* We finally made it to Italy- definitely a bucket list trip for us! This was a blast and we even got to meet up with our friends from Amsterdam AND we had the pleasure of taking the engagement ring to surprise her with. What fun!
* We celebrated our 5 year anniversary in our honeymoon spot- El Dorado Casitas in Mexico. We’ve been wanting to get back there since the day we left from our honeymoon. Here we also hung out with some track and field Olympians from the 80’s which was super cool.
* We ran in the Ragnar Relay! So much fun!!
* I trained for and completed another marathon. Although this wasn’t a performance I was thrilled with, it was still an accomplishment and, once again, proof that you can do anything you set your mind to.
* Georgia remained surgery free for all of 2011!!!! This was a huge accomplishment after her rough 2010.
So, it seems that although the time flew by, we were enjoying every minute of it!
Let’s hope 2012 is just as good as 2011!!