Guest blog by Keith
Some people don’t require external motivation. Do you know these people? Eternal overachievers that are blissfully unaware of their gift. Well, needless to say, I am not one of those people. I look for it constantly and magically, I find it everywhere…
– I find it from the guy that hurt himself doing 2 minute intervals but continued to walk his ass off until he was cleared to run. (now doing his 2nd half marathon)
– I find it from the lady who unexpectedly lost her husband but has the biggest smile on her face every time she runs with the group.
– I find it from the newlyweds that have run every step together since they began.
– I find it from the female who seems to runs quicker than me with less effort
– I find it from the people 50, 60, 70 years old that keep grinding it out.
– I find it in the fear of not knowing how it will end but getting to the start anyway.
– I find it from people that say “I could do that” but never try.
– I find it from those that say “I could never do that” and continue to “do that”.
– I find it from the guy that runs 16 miles instead of 13 and apologizes when he is done.
– I find it from a group of 20+ people that struggled to run 60 seconds 9 months ago but now run hours at a time.
– I find it from the mother of 3 that always finds time for herself.
– I find it from the Coach that sacrifices so much for her passion and pure joy. She never missed a day even though she never got to run. She dreams bigger for you than you dream for yourself.
I hope you continue to find motivation for whatever your heart desires. It is all around you.
Thanks to you, I have mine.